CLICK THE PAGE ABOVE IN THE MENU BAR TO VIEW THE PRIZE LIST FOR THE FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY PHOTO CONTEST
I often hear from people that they just don’t see that many people bicycling. I typically respond that for my work I spend time in most every neighborhood in Milwaukee and that it usually does not take more than five minutes for me to see a person riding a bike, no matter where I am in the City. That gave me the idea to create a catalog of photographs of people I see riding bikes in five-minute periods.
So each week on Fridays, I will try to post photographs of people riding bikes. The photographs will all be taken of just those bicyclists seen in a five-minute period. I thought it might be fun to make this into a contest for readers of this blog. I will have three categories for the contest:
Category A: Photos taken in Milwaukee County
Category B: those taken outside Milwaukee County.
Category C: Group rides Photos taken on pub crawls, critical mass rides, tweed rides, etc.
I hope this little experiment will illustrate the diversity of people in Milwaukee (and elsewhere) riding bicycles. If anyone else wants to try this, let me know and send me your photos. The only rules for the contest will be as follows:
1. all the photos must be taken in a five-minute period.
2. The photos can be taken from different locations within that five-minute period. .
3. There must be at least be more than one person in the photograph(s)
4. Please identify the approximate location for each photo.
5. Email entries to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The deadline for entry is August 26th.
7. Prizes will be randomly drawn and announced Friday, August 27th.
There will be as many random drawings in each category as I have schwag to give out. Anyone who submits qualifying photos will be entered in a random drawing for the prizes. To get people going, here are my first Five Minute Photos: